1.They were rejected because when he brought it to other scientists he had no evidence that could support his theory.
2.He took core samples and studied them and he also found tropical plants in Antarctica.
3.The sedimentary rocks found on the coast lines supports Wegeners theory.
4.The same fossils are found on continents on the other side of the world.
(1) There was no mechanical movement of continents.
(2) Topical plants were found on Antarctica.
(3) There were similar rock patterns that were found on 4 different continents.
(4) The same type of fossils were found on different continents.
1.they didn't believe the evidence he presented and scientist thought other things.
2.there are tropical plants in anartica
3.there where similar rock structures found on different continents
4.there where traces of the same animals on different continents
1. Other scientists believed the fossils could have been carried to other continents by wind and water.
2. There were traces of Tropical plants in Antarctica.
3. Parts of the Appalachian Mountain of the eastern US are similar to those found in Greenland.
4. Fossils of one animal are found on a different continent thousands of miles away. Animals would not have be able to swim that far and the ocean could not carry the fossils because they would sink.
1. His ideas were not what other scientists wanted.
3. Layers and Coal deposits
4. What year the animal died and stuff.
1.There was no movement of continents.
2.Plants were found on Antarctica.
3.There were similar rock patterns that were found on different continents.
4.The same fossils were found on different continents.
1. No mechanism for movement of continents. Wind currents could possibly move fossils. Theory was not accepted by scientist.
2. Tropical plant fossils are found in Antarctica.
3. He had some similar rock patterns found in South America, India, Africa, Antarctica and Australia.
4. Plant and animal fossils found on the coastlines of different continents.
1. Wegener's thought continental drift was controversial.
2.pangaea is one of the reason of continental drift.
3.Rocks that were found on other continents .
4.Animals that were on one continent were found on another continent.
1.Scientists not accepted his theory.
2.A plant was found in Australia.
3.South America, India, Africa, Antarctica and Australia has a same rock patterns.
4.fossils are found on coastlines.
1. Wegener's ideas were rejected because it didn't explain the process behind the movement of continents.
2. He used climate in order to help explain the continental drift. Examples are: fossils of warm-weather plants were found on the Island of Spritsbergen in the Arctic Ocean. Glaciers found in temperate and tropical regions. Glacier deposits are found in South America, Africa, India, and Australia.
3. Rock structures were used to explain where the continents were once joined together. Similar rock structures are found in various continents. Parts of The Appalachian Mountains in the eastern U.S. are similar to those found in Greenland and the western parts of Europe.
4. Many different fossils have been found in different parts of the continent and most of these animals couldn't just swim from one place to the next.
1. It was controversial, it wasn't until long after Wegener's death in 1930.
2.He use fossils of warm-weather plants were found on the island of Spitsbergen in the Arctic Ocean.
3.Parts of Appalachian Mountains of the eastern
4.Seafloor spreading helped provide an explanation of how the continents could move.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.